Academic year at The Lahore Alma is divided in two terms.
(August - December)
(January - May)
Assessments / Examinations
There are no formal mid-year and final examinations from Playgroup to Prep. Promotion is based on class performance throughout the year.
Students from Class I to Class IV have four formal assessments every year and reports are sent home.
- Mid-term assessment in the 1st term (October / November).
- Mid-year examination in December.
- Mid-term assessment in the 2nd term (February / March).
- Final examination in May.
Mid-Term Assessments blend in with the daily school routine and are held within the regular time table.
- Promotion to the next class is granted on the basis of the academic performance of the student throughout the year as well as the mid-year and final examination result. The decision is taken by the Promotion Committee headed by the Principal.
- The decision of the school authorities regarding promotion to the next class is final and irrevocable.
- There is no provision for conditional promotion or reassessment.
- The school ensures that parents are kept duly informed of their child’s progress.
- A parent-teacher conference is held once every term.